Girls Who Code’s FREE Summer Immersion Program (SIP)
Here at Girls Who Code, we care deeply about serving students who are underrepresented in the technology field and equipping them with technical skills and an enriching experience in STEM. We are especially committed to serving marginalized communities that lack access to technology and coding programs.
What is SIP?
SIP is an experience of a lifetime hosted by our corporate partners like AT&T, Goldman Sachs, Disney and more.
· SIP is a 2-week virtual program with staggered rounds throughout the summer.
· Participation is 100% free. We also provide need-based tech access support and need-based stipends of up to $300 for those who qualify.
· Applications are now open! Our early acceptance deadline is coming up soon in mid-February.
· Identify as female, non-binary, or gender non-conforming
· Be a rising sophomore, junior or senior (current 9th-11th grader)
· Be able to commit to the entire 2 week program
· Students can participate whether they are complete beginners or already have some computer science experience
How can you receive additional resources for your students?
Sign up here for an informational call with me, Marissa, to learn more about the program and ask any questions you may have.
If none of the options work for you, please let me know and I’d be happy to coordinate a different time that does.
How can you get started?
Share this blurb with your students:
Apply to Girls Who Code’s free 2-week Virtual Summer Immersion Program for an unforgettable experience! Current 9th -11th grade girls and non-binary students are eligible to apply.
The early application deadline is approaching quickly on February 17th! We strongly encourage students from underrepresented groups in tech to apply early, including Black, Latinx, and students from low-income backgrounds.
Why should you join Girls Who Code this summer?
Join a sisterhood of supportive peers and make lifelong friendships!
Meet women in tech from top corporations like Disney, AT&T, Twitter & more.
You can join for free! Plus, Girls Who Code will provide need-based tech support for those who qualify.
If you have any questions as you share out the above blurb, I’m happy to help during the information call!
Looking forward to meeting you soon,