SF Turkey Day
The 12th Annual SF Turkey Drive is continuing its focus on fighting hunger at home.
The SF Turkey Drive is a community effort that was started in 2012 with one single goal: to fight hunger locally. Thanks to the many generous donors, in the past 3 years, the SF Turkey Drive provided enough food to prepare over 160,000 meals for the hungry. This year again, donations will help continue this effort against hunger in San Francisco.
Working at an organization in the Tenderloin that welcomes homeless and low-income seniors, the SF Turkey Drive founder, Pierre Smit, is seeing firsthand the necessity of a meal for those who have so little to live with and to live for. Therefore, this year’s message tells it how it is: A Gift of Food is a Gift of Life.
The SF Turkey Drive for 2023:
· Happening at the St Emydius Church parking lot, 350 De Montfort Avenue (at Jules) in the Ingleside District of San Francisco on 2 Saturdays: November 18, and December 16 from 9 a.m. till Noon.
· Also happening at the SF Zoo in their parking lot, Sloat Blvd @ the Great Highway, on Monday November 20 from 9:30 a.m. till 12:30 p.m.
· The 2023 beneficiary is the San Francisco-Marin Food Bank.
Continuing to be focused on fighting hunger in the local community, our beneficiary for 2023 is the San Francisco-Marin Food Bank, an organization who addresses hunger head-on in numerous ways.
The SF Turkey Drive was started from Pierre’s home in 2012 to fight hunger in San Francisco. Our new beneficiary, the SFM Food Bank, has been fighting hunger in the local community since 1987. Working toward the same goal, we are excited to bring the turkeys, hams, fresh vegetables, and monetary donations that are collected at our food drives to the SFM Food Bank. And in our 12th year, the SF Turkey Drive is amplifying its effort by adding one more drive happening at the San Francisco Zoo, where donors will benefit with a free parking for the day when bringing their turkey donations during the drive hours.
Donations to the SF Turkey Drive can be made in one of several forms: turkeys, boxes/bags of fresh vegetables, and hams (in December), at the drives; “virtual” turkeys donated through a secure website portal at www.sfturkeydrive.com; or checks payable to SFM Food Bank mailed to St. Emydius (see below).
When is the SF Turkey Drive happening in San Francisco: 3 dates
1. Sat., Nov. 18 from 9 a.m. to noon at St. Emydius Parish, 350 De Montfort Ave. (at Jules)
2. Mon., Nov. 20 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Zoo – Free parking with turkey donation
3. Sat., Dec. 16 from 9 a.m. to noon at St. Emydius Parish, 350 De Montfort Ave. (at Jules).
What to bring: turkeys (preferably frozen) and bags/boxes of fresh vegetables; plus hams in December.
Online donations: sfturkeydrive.com. Checks payable to SFM Food Bank, can be mailed to:
SF Turkey Drive
c/o St. Emydius Church
286 Ashton Avenue
San Francisco CA 94112
To Volunteer, contact Pierre Smit at SFPierre@aol.com